BOGOTA EXPERIMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL 2020
BOGOTA EXPERIMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL is a Colombian platform for creation, exhibition, and, circulation of audiovisual works of art that focus on narrative, technical and conceptual experimentation. The festival welcomes works and artists that transcend the aesthetics, technical, and semiotic boundaries and break with dominant and standardized discourse.
We believe that experimental cinema is a free, radical and purposeful cinema that responds to the aesthetic, political or philosophical need to see and explore cinematic horizons, away from large industries and hegemonic formulas of creation. It is through experimental cinema that we find authentic ways to create audiovisual art.
Our 2020 conceptual axis:
Worldwide societies are going through an evident social, cultural, and political metamorphosis. Individuals and peoples seem to be transformed into subjects that voice their concerns and rise up against authority figures, specific powers, unfair systems, and the establishment. There is a collective rebellion against what crushes, controls, normalizes, and reduces societies. Peoples around the world are emancipating themselves from normative and standardized ways of living, feeling, doing, or thinking; there is a contagious feeling of rebellion floating in the environment of this planet. Uprisings have come about today as answers to situations that until a few years ago were bearable or, in some cases, hardly visible. This collective uprising produces and reveals “images” motivated by the desire and curiosity to become manifest.
We consider of great importance the creation of a space for reflection/exhibition of these experimental audiovisual artworks generated in a convulsive aesthetic-political scenario; therefore was made a special call to the creators who, consistent and integrated with this moment of emotion and agitation, give “free birth” to their work submerged in this context.”
“We believe that the experimental cinema of the world is authentic, radical, purposeful and evokes freedom”
- The festival is looking for audiovisual artworks with authentic, inventive and poetic inclinations, which push to the limit all languages, adapt new and old technologies (and even create new ones) and generate sublime artistic experiences. If you want to participate:
- The artworks (films) should be finished between January 2018 and March 2020.
- Independent artists, production companies or collectives from any age and nationality can participate. Outline in the entry form if the participant is under age (< 18 years old), in that case a responsible adult must sign the entry form and authorize the festival for screening the artwork.
- There is no time limit! the artwork can be a short film, feature film, middle length film, very long film.
- The festival focuses in virtual reality, video-art, Audiovisual Installations, expanded cinema. The festival encourage art pieces with innovative ways for reproduction (screening) and will support the production conditions but will not assumed all the costs.
You can submit all kind of formats like celluloid, video or any other audiovisual support.
- Please do not submit the same artwork as in previous call for entries of the Bogotá Experimental Film Festival. This art piece will be rejected.
- The submitted artworks must have Spanish subtitles or be dubbed in Spanish. If you do not have subtitles we offer this service, please contact us email@example.com.
- If your work is already public online in any platform without password, we may programm it for panorama section but not for competition.
- If you are selected, you must provide the festival a high quality copy of your work.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Festival will not send back any material provide for screening or complementary print staff. In case you send physical material to our post address, it should come with a print entry form of the submission.
- The submission of your artwork does not mean you will participate in the Festival .
- The Festival does not accept audiovisual artworks that has a commercial purpose or concept.
- The Festival accepts only one piece per application. One artist can participate with more than one audiovisual piece, the submission should be done separately.
- The Festival will not be responsible for film’s content regarding copyrights or operating license. It will be responsibility of the person signing up the entry form any legal implication or copyright violation.
- By accepting these conditions certify that you own the projection rights and authorize the Bogotá Experimental Film Festival to screen your work on a non-exclusive basis, during and after the festival (indefinitely), as long as the Festival give written notice to the contact person of the events, in which the artwork will participate.
- By accepting these conditions you allow the festival and its organizers to use the information provided to a database with communicative and informative purposes. The information will be protected as national and international laws required.
Photo by: SUSANA CARRIE. 24/12/19 . Paro Nacional. Bogotá, Colombia